Saturday, July 11, 2009

Just Let the Kids Wear Crazy T Shirts

I remember in school when my buddy Jimmy used to wear pretty much whatever he wanted. I would get jealous because my parents would not allow me to wear the crazy t shirts that he could wear. But it was probably for the best because he would get into a lot of trouble with the teachers and the principal over some of his crazy t shirts. I guess some of them crossed the line and were a little too offensive to be having in school.

The teachers would say that it is disruptive to the class and his hurting the others learning experience. I guess once they made a big deal about the crazy t shirts then it would become more distracting but if they would have just left him allow and let it be then in my opinion it would have been fine.

Nowadays I think the schools are even worse or even more strict on what you can wear and what you cannot wear. They watch the kids pretty closely these days and do not let them get away with much. That is why once kids get out of school they might act out because it is like they have been in a prison all day. I do not feel there is anything wrong with crazy t shirts and as long as they are not plain old vulgar I think it should be allowed.

Kids need to express themselves and wearing crazy t shirts can be a channel for that expression. It is better than some other channels of expression and a crazy shirt is not going to harm anyone anyway. I say loosen up on the rules and guidelines a little bit too many of them make people crazy. Have fun and wear what you want like crazy t shirts or whatever just keep it clean.

No comments: